Welcome to Peter Conway's Personal Page
In 2010, a friend and I accomplished an incredible feat – we rode our bicycles across the USA! 3000 miles! San Diego to St. Augustine! Crossing that dream off my ‘Bucket List’, I knew I would never do that again. One and done. Then enter Scotty Parker, a boy with a dream to ride his bike across the USA. But not for a bucket list, but to help thousands of people who carry heavy buckets every day for many miles just to get water to drink. And often the water they carry makes them sick. They deserve better, so Scotty wants to ride to raise money to help them. A vision like that makes one get back on the bike. I want to join with Scotty in his cross-country ride to bring clean water to thousands, to get rid of those buckets!
If you'd like to support me, you can do any of the following:
- Make a donation - Just click the blue "DONATE NOW" button.
- Share- Share this page with your family and friends (just copy+paste the URL above on Facebook, Twitter, Email or Text)
- Pray for Me – Riding 3300 miles will be physically, emotionally and physically challenging. Please pray for safety and stamina.
- Encourage Me - Send me a text, an email, or give me a call. Eight weeks is a long time to be away from family and friends.
There are many details for a trip like this: Where do we stop, when do we eat, where do we sleep, etc. Here are some quick facts:
- On June 3rd, the team begins the ride in Santa Monica, California. We will take a southern route, consisting of historic Route 66 and a bunch of other bike-friendly routes. You can see the whole route by clicking "Map" on the "About" tab above.
- The team will ride an average of 75 miles a day for 8 weeks, taking Sundays off. We will arrive at Water Mission, in North Charleston, SC, on August 1st.
- We have a support vehicle that will go ahead of the team to set up roadside rest stops every 15-20 miles. We will stay in hotels/motels along the way.
- My fundraising goal is $10,000, but the overall fundraiser goal is $500,000!
- I will be the only member of the team riding a recumbent bike – I will be the tortoise to Scotty’s hare!
I am so grateful for your support. Please join me by following my Facebook & Instagram, as well as Scotty's Ride for Water on Facebook & Instagram.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.